Trust and Probate Litigation
Oakland Estate Law Firm Serving the East Bay Area, California
If a claim against a trust or estate results in litigation, you need an attorney with the skills necessary to prosecute or defend complex actions in probate court. Horton, West & Chambers is particularly qualified to represent fiduciaries, executors and beneficiaries in litigation matters because our firm joins the experience of our litigators with the knowledge of our trust and probate administration and estate planning attorneys. This combination of practice areas in one law firm means that we can advise clients regarding all legal issues associated with trust and estate litigation. Trust and estate litigation is often emotional, and can lead to tension among family members. We take care to balance sensitivity to the family difficulties faced by the parties with the need for aggressive representation to protect the rights of our clients. Our East Bay Area, California litigation law firm is dedicated to protecting the rights of our clients, always considering solutions that minimize costs associated with litigation, and the potential to resolve disagreements before it becomes necessary to go to court.
Probate and Trust Litigation Attorneys at Horton, West & Chambers have the knowledge and experience in the litigation of probate and trust cases. Contact us online or call (510) 452-2133 to schedule a consultation.
Our law firm handles the following probate and trust litigation matters:
- Trust and Will contests claiming lack of capacity, undue influence, mistake, or fraud
- Enforcing no contest clauses or defending against the enforcement of a no contest clause
- Claims that a gift to a prohibited transferee is invalid under Probate Code §21350
- Forgery or lack of due execution
- Elder financial abuse
- Breaches of fiduciary duty
- Seeking appointment of an executor or trustee
- Objections to the appointment of an executor ortrustee
- Removal of an executor or trustee
- Guardianship/conservatorship proceedings
- Disputes over the actions of an agent with a power of attorney
- Prosecuting or defending claims of creditors against trusts and estates
- Challenging financial arrangements or agreements between decedents and family members or other parties
- Disputes regarding the interpretation of ambiguous language in a will or trust
Our lawyers also represent executors and trustees accused of breaching fiduciary duties or when a beneficiary alleges that an executor or trustee is not following the terms of the will or trust.
Protect Your Inheritance
There can be several reasons that families argue over an inheritance. Will contests typically involve several types of disagreements, such as:
- Did someone unduly influence the writing of the will?
- Was the signature forged?
- Was the will properly executed — written and signed?
- Did the person lack the proper capacity to make a will?
If there is a disagreement over a trust or a will, you need a knowledgeable and experienced trust and probate litigation attorney to protect your rights. The estate and trust attorneys at Horton, West & Chambers can help determine and explain your options. We represent clients in complex trust and probate disputes in court or through alternative dispute resolution.
Contact a Litigation Lawyer Today!
Horton, West & Chambers, serves clients in Oakland, and throughout the East Bay and Northern California, including Alameda, San Francisco, Marin, Contra Costa, San Mateo, and Sonoma counties. To schedule a consultation with a litigation attorney, please fill out our secure online form or call (510) 452-2133 today.